Uddingston Hockey Club Summer Camps are open to Members and Non-members. The camps cater for boys and girls aged 4-16 years old that have never played hockey before or more experienced players.
Sessions are led by UKCC level 2 coaches as well as Men’s First Team coach Mick Evans, who has extensive experience coaching at the highest level in Australia; coaching the Queensland Blades in the Australian Hockey League with players including big names such as: Jamie Dwyer, Mark Knowes, Bradley Hughes as well as countless others who have all acquired Olympic gold medals.
Our camps have remained at same price as previous years offering excellent value for money with two options available:
Option 1: 10:00-3:00pm £15/day or £60/week
Option 2: 8:00-5:00pm £30/day or £120/week
A typical day at the camp includes:
• 9:45am – Registration in Uddingston Cricket & Sports Clubhouse where camp coordinator will brief the children on the format of the camp and expectations
• 10:00am – Coaches and children head to the international standard, water-based Astro-turf pitch where they are divided into groups according to age and ability before warming up. Children will then engage in suitable level drills to ensure the correct level of challenge and enjoyment.
Children at grassroot level will work on basic drills, including passing, stopping, dribbling. More advanced players will consolidate basic skills, and work to develop crucial skills such as elimination, shooting. The most experienced players will look to master advanced skills as well as develop a high level of understanding of tactics and gameplays, including specialist skills used in penalty corners.
• 12:00pm – Children return to the clubhouse/picnic area at clubhouse to have packed lunch and snacks. We ask that parents/carers please avoid packing products containing nuts
• 1:00pm – Children return to the pitch. Children warm up again before taking part in further drills and conditioned games
• 3:00pm – Children collected from the clubhouse
Those booking extended hours, registration takes place from 8:00am. In the hours before the camp, breakfast cereals, fruit and fruit juice are available. In the morning, children take part in fun activities within the clubhouse, including games, board games etc. In the hours after the camp, children have the option to return to the pitch for further hockey or can take part in games within the clubhouse. Children can then be collected at 5:00pm from the clubhouse.
The club grounds are secured during camp hours, therefore ensuring a safe environment for children to be active and engaging socially with peers.
Campers who book up more than three days will receive an exclusive UHC camp T-Shirt and an Uddingston Hockey Club branded water bottle. To ensure a camp T-Shirt, bookings must be made more than 48 hours in advance of the camp commencing. Please note, refunds cannot be offered for cancellations within 48 hours of the camp. Camps also cannot be swapped once booked.
If anyone has any questions regarding the camp or would like any further information, please email email@example.com.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Uddingston Hockey Club Summer Camps are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!