Dickman’s Glen Wander
Sorry you are too late, this event has been and gone!
Join the Whitelee Countryside Rangers and get off the beaten track for a saunter through Dickman's Glen, one of the prettiest areas of the windfarm!
About Dickman’s Glen Wander
Let's get off the beaten track for a saunter through Dickman's Glen, one of the prettiest areas of the windfarm. We'll walk in from Ardochrig, loop through the glen, then head back to the start. This walk is 'strenuous' and will cover ~9.4miles (15km) on tracks and moorland, and with some steep climbs and wet/boggy ground in places for added fun - so wear good walking boots/shoes!
• Booking essential
• Meet at Ardochrig
• Suitable for families
• Bring waterproofs
• Bring lunch
• Dogs welcome
Coronavirus Rules & Measures:
• All events must be booked in advance — it is not possible to attend without booking.
• All events are subject to change as coronavirus guidelines change.
• All adults must book individually and provide a contact telephone number for Test & Protect. Children under 12 do not need to individually register but must be with their family/social bubble.
• Bring your face covering. As activities are outdoors it will only be used in certain circumstances, and only for short periods - but everyone must have one (unless exempt).
• It is recommended to have the Test & Protect app and all participants should take a free lateral flow test before and after attending.
• If any of your party tests positive for coronavirus, or has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive - do not attend and please let us know.
• Please read the specific event information for each activity for additional details and/or things to bring.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Please wear/bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear. Prepare for changeable weather.
• All published distances and finish times are approximate and subject to change.
• Dogs are welcome on most events, but some may not be suitable for them. Please contact the Countryside Rangers about bringing your dog to an event.
• Please contact WCRS for directions to event meeting points.
• Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before the published event start time.
Phone: 0141 614 0962
Where possible we will update our listings to notify of cancelled, postponed and rescheduled events, however we STRONGLY ADVISE that you check with the venue/organiser in the first instance for updates.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.
GOT AN EVENT TO SHARE? It's free to post your events on What's On Lanarkshire, click here to find out more!
Want to be the first to hear about what's happening in Lanarkshire? Just hit 'Like' on our Facebook
page, join the What's On Scotland Facebook Group
and 'Follow' on our Twitter
account and you're all set!
Other Events at Whitelee Windfarm Ardochrig Entrance or Whitelee Countryside Rangers
Selected dates between 8th February 2022 - 29th November 2022
Join the Whitelee Rangers on their free weekly parent & baby walking group which meets on Tuesday mornings at 10am at Whitelee Windfarm Visitor Centre!
Selected dates between 10th March 2022 - 8th December 2022
Muddy Monsters a nature club for 2-5 year olds ran by the Whitelee Countryside Rangers and held on the second Thursday of every month!
3rd September 2022
Canine Capers is a fun annual event, especially for dogs and their owners, organised by the Whitelee Countryside Rangers!
16th September 2022
Join the Whitelee Countryside Rangers for a twilight stroll through the windfarm spotting the night-time creatures who inhabit the moors!
17th September 2022
Join the Whitelee Countryside Rangers and a professional willow weaver and learn how to create beautiful willow garden structures to adorn your garden!
28th October 2022
What if for one night of the year, evil triumphs over good? Find out what would happen this Halloween at Whitelee Windfarm!
5th November 2022
Join the Whitelee Rangers at their firework free zone on Saturday 5th November and walk your dog in peace!
19th November 2022
Robin and his pals need your help this winter to put on a feast like no other, join the Whitelee Countryside Rangers and make a bird-feeders to delight your feathered friends!
21st December 2022
It's the winter solstice, so why not the Whitelee Countryside Rangers for some fresh air, a brew with a view, and maybe a mince pie or two?
Similar events you might like...
Selected dates between 2nd January 2022 - 18th December 2022
Drumpellier Junior Parkrun is a weekly, free 2km timed run held on Sunday mornings at Drumpellier Country Park!
Selected dates between 8th January 2022 - 31st December 2022
Strathclyde Parkrun is a weekly, free 5km timed run held on Saturday mornings at Strathclyde Country Park!
11th September 2022
The ever popular Cumbernauld 10K returns for 2022 to Broadwood Stadium on Sunday 11th September!
24th September 2022
Join Brain Tumour Research's Walk of Hope at the Chatelherault Country Park in Hamilton and step forward to help find a cure for brain tumours.
9th October 2022
Taking place in the stunning grounds of Chatelherault, Mud Madness involves mud runs, water slides, obstacles and even a dip in the River Avon – great fun for all ages!
Find other events in Lanarkshire
A magical Christmas experience for all the family, this year M&D's Theme Park's 'BELIEVE in Santa' is BIGGER, BETTER, with MORE SPARKLE than ever before!
Held weekly on Sundays Chatelherault Market showcases the best of hand-made products from designers and producers across Scotland!
An undercover car boot sale is held at Lanark Agricultural Market on Sundays throughout the year from 8am to 2pm!
Motherwell Theatre have once again teamed up with Spillers Pantomimes to bring their production of Cinderella to the venue this Christmas!
Join former Detective Superintendent David Swindle as he discusses the high profile cases he's worked on over the course of his 45 year career.