|26th September 2021|
|10am - 2.30pm|
Whitelee Windfarm Ardochrig Entrance
Ardochrig , Near Strathaven G75 0QN
|Free but booking required|
|Event organiser/part of Whitelee Countryside Rangers|
|Visit the event website here|
Let's get off the beaten track for a saunter through Dickman's Glen, one of the prettiest areas of the windfarm. We'll walk in from Ardochrig, loop through the glen, then head back to the start. This walk is 'strenuous' and will cover ~9.4miles (15km) on tracks and moorland, and with some steep climbs and wet/boggy ground in places for added fun - so wear good walking boots/shoes!
• Booking essential
• Meet at Ardochrig
• Suitable for families
• Bring waterproofs
• Bring lunch
• Dogs welcome
Coronavirus Rules & Measures:
• All events must be booked in advance — it is not possible to attend without booking.
• All events are subject to change as coronavirus guidelines change.
• All adults must book individually and provide a contact telephone number for Test & Protect. Children under 12 do not need to individually register but must be with their family/social bubble.
• Bring your face covering. As activities are outdoors it will only be used in certain circumstances, and only for short periods - but everyone must have one (unless exempt).
• It is recommended to have the Test & Protect app and all participants should take a free lateral flow test before and after attending.
• If any of your party tests positive for coronavirus, or has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive - do not attend and please let us know.
• Please read the specific event information for each activity for additional details and/or things to bring.
• All children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Please wear/bring suitable outdoor clothing and footwear. Prepare for changeable weather.
• All published distances and finish times are approximate and subject to change.
• Dogs are welcome on most events, but some may not be suitable for them. Please contact the Countryside Rangers about bringing your dog to an event.
• Please contact WCRS for directions to event meeting points.
• Please aim to arrive 5 minutes before the published event start time.
Phone: 0141 614 0962
GOT AN EVENT TO SHARE? It's free to post your events on What's On Lanarkshire, click here to find out more!Want to be the first to hear about what's happening in Lanarkshire? Just hit 'Like' on our Facebook page, join the What's On Scotland Facebook Group and 'Follow' on our Twitter account and you're all set!
Where possible we will update our listings to notify of cancelled, postponed and rescheduled events, however we STRONGLY ADVISE that you check with the venue/organiser in the first instance for updates.All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact.