|Biggar Gasworks Museum Gas Works Road, Biggar ML12 6BZ|
|Biggar Gasworks Museum Website|
For upwards of 130 years – from 1839 to 1973 – Biggar Gasworks made coal-gas for the town and surrounding district. It was one of the first small-town gasworks to open in Scotland, and among the last to close. Not long afterwards, it passed into State care, to be preserved as a lasting reminder of an industry that provided so much benefit to all the country’s citizens.
Today, Biggar Gasworks is jointly managed as a visitor attraction by Historic Scotland and Biggar Museum Trust (www.biggarmuseumtrust.co.uk). It is the only preserved gasworks left in Scotland.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!