|45 Hamilton Road, Bellshill ML4 1AG|
|Belmill Hotel Website|
|Follow BelmillHotel on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
NAThe earliest record of settlement in the Bellshill area is a village called Belmill, recorded on a map by Timothy Pont published in 1654. The village consisted of a row of quarry workers' houses owned by Mr. Bell, who owned a stone quarry to the south of Belmill. After the quarry closed, the village disappeared and a settlement developed nearby called Crossgates. About 1810, this new settlement took on the name Bellshill and continued to grow absorbing nearby villages such as Black Moss, Sykehead and Nesnas.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Belmill Hotel are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.