|Drumpellier Country Park , Coatbridge ML5 2EH|
|Drumpellier Country Park Website|
|Follow nlccountryparks on Twitter|
|Facebook information can be found here|
The whole park covers an area of 500 acres and includes two natural lochs, moorland, woodlands and grasslands.
The Monklands Canal lies towards the southern perimeter of the park offering further walking and cycling potential. The lochs and canal attract a large number of water birds, both resident and migrants.
The woodlands and grasslands are also rich in bird life, large and small mammals and a great variety of native wildflowers. The networks of paths makes for easy access to all areas of the park and many of these are accessible to wheelchairs and prams.
Situated within North Lanarkshire, to the west of Coatbridge and east of Glasgow, the park was formerly a private estate. The land was given over to the Burgh for use as a public park in 1919, and was designated as a country park in 1984. The main entrance to the park is from Townhead Road, Coatbridge and the Visitor Centre is located here, providing the ideal starting point for a visit to the park. There is a lecture room available for hire in the Visitor Centre. The centre is open all year round.
There is a cafeteria for refreshments, and a reception area that has a variety of information leaflets and displays on many walks, the varied wildlife and the natural history of the park.
All information (whether in text or photographs) is supplied in good faith but should not be relied upon as being a statement of representation or fact. We take every opportunity to ensure the details for Drumpellier Country Park are accurate, please contact us at hello[@]whatsonnetwork.co.uk if any of the above information is incorrect.
New Lanark World Heritage Site is a beautifully restored 18th century cotton mill village in Southern Scotland, close to the Falls of Clyde and only around an hour's drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow.